- This event has passed.
May 20, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am
Tune in at 8 a.m. on Social Media Breakfast’s Facebook page for this live virtual event!
Love Wisconsin tells the stories of Wisconsinites through social media, website and emails. In 2016, they were in the top 5% of Facebook accounts by engagement. Find out more about their storytelling format and how to create target audiences and a content model. Take notes on finding storytellers, the interview process, crafting stories and visuals and ethics — then apply them to your own storytelling journey.
- Before you begin creating stories for social media, think about whose stories you want to tell, why you want to tell them, how you’ll tell them, and how you’ll share them…
- …but don’t be afraid to experiment and make changes along the way based on audience reception & data.
- Use data to guide your experimentation with content types and format, help you determine your optimal content model, and target audiences.
- An editor is essential to producing a well-crafted, engaging story.
- On social media, compelling visuals attract attention, set a tone, and help you tell the story.
- When you tell stories about real people, you have ethical obligations to represent them fairly and honestly.
In 2014, Megan co-founded Love Wisconsin, a digital storytelling project that celebrates our state, our lives, and our shared future. The project grew to be in the top 5% of Facebook pages worldwide for engagement in 2016. Megan planned content strategy and produced stories for the first five years of the project. She is now Executive Producer at PBS Wisconsin Education.
Tom Kuplic began working with Love Wisconsin shortly after it was founded by Megan Monday and Jet Waller. He helped define the brand strategy and built audience groups based on qualitative data before helping use data to determine the optimal content model and approach to tell Love Wisconsin’s unique stories. Tom continues to serve on the Love Wisconsin board and also works as a Digital Transformation Consultant at American Family Insurance.
Maria is the Executive Producer of Love Wisconsin. She began in the summer of 2019, when Love Wisconsin officially partnered with the Wisconsin Humanities Council to continue telling engaging, uplifting stories about people from all over Wisconsin. Maria produces stories and manages content across the project’s digital platforms.
GatherX is an inclusive, dynamic community for young adults in the Madison area. A place of connection, intersection, and ignition, we share a core set of values – establishing inclusive community, affecting positive change, and sharing our gifts with the world – but we’re more different than we are alike. Learn more at Gatherx.org.