As part of our commitment to social media education and professional industry networking, Social Media Breakfast Madison is committed to providing our group of diverse professionals with financial resources to help them pursue deeper learning opportunities. That’s why we set up SMBMAD scholarships, to help our community attend local, regional, or national social media and other marketing-related conferences.
We have established the following guidelines to facilitate scholarship applications and maximize the fund’s impact to the community.
Scholarship funds are applicable for conferences, classes, or seminars that educate the awardee on best practices, strategy, tips, tools, and analytics for social media, digital marketing, public relations, sales, and customer service.
Maximum award amounts per applicant
Up to $500 for a one-day conference, and up to $750 for a multi-day conference.
Scholarship funds are for conferences only (i.e. not for flights, gas, meals, etc.) and will be paid directly to the third party on the recipient’s behalf.
Follow up requirement
To ensure that knowledge gained from scholarships has a broader impact on the Social Media Breakfast Madison community, the award recipient is required to share back to the SMBMAD community after the conference ends. Below are a few examples of ways to accomplish this, however, a more detailed plan will be agreed upon between the recipient and Social Media Breakfast Madison prior to receiving funds.
- 2 volunteer commitments at future Social Media Breakfast Madison events
- A blog post sharing tips/tricks gained through the conference
- A 5-minute synopsis of your takeaways of the event before a future Social Media Breakfast Madison event
Application & Selection Process
Please submit the SMBMAD scholarship application below at least eight weeks prior to the opening of the conference, and prior to ordering tickets to attend. Applications will be reviewed within two weeks of submission by the SMBMAD Scholarship Committee. Selection of a recipient will be based primarily on the applicant’s reasons for attending the conference and the ability to share knowledge back to the Social Media Breakfast Madison community. The applicant will be contacted via email, regardless of whether or not the request is granted.
Post Selection Notes
- NOT ABLE TO ATTEND? If the recipient is not able to attend the conference for any reason, Social Media Breakfast Madison will try to recoup the scholarship dollars from the conference organizer.
- SCHOLARSHIP TRANSFER. Scholarship dollars already paid to the conference organizer can be transferred to another applicant at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.